Invisalign is a popular orthodontic treatment option for both teens and adults. It’s also one of the most misunderstood treatments, with many people believing some common myths about the process. As an adult considering Invisalign, it’s important that you understand the truth about this treatment so that you can make the best decision for your smile.
- Invisalign is Only for Teens – False! Invisalign can be an excellent treatment option for adults, as well as teenagers. In fact, according to the American Association of Orthodontists, 20% of orthodontic patients are over age 18. So, if you’re an adult who has always wanted to straighten your teeth but thought it was too late, think again! Invisalign may be just what you’re looking for.
- Treatment with Invisalign is Faster than Traditional Braces – Sometimes True, Sometimes False. It’s a common belief that Invisalign Treatment always takes less time than traditional braces. While this can be true in some cases, it’s not always the case. The speed of your treatment will depend on how complex your case is. However, even if treatment with traditional braces is faster in your case, that doesn’t mean that Invisalign isn’t worth considering. Many people prefer clear aligners to metal braces, even if it does take a bit longer to achieve their desired results.
- Invisalign is More Expensive than Traditional Braces – False! The cost of Invisalign for adults is comparable to the cost of traditional metal braces – and in some cases may even be less expensive. The exact cost of your treatment will depend on several factors, including the severity of your misalignment and how long your treatment plan is expected to last. However, don’t let cost deter you from considering this treatment; there are many financing options available that can make orthodontic treatment more affordable.
- You have to Wear Invisalign Aligners All Day Long – False! Although you should wear your aligners for at least 20-22 hours each day to ensure optimal results, you don’t have to wear them every single minute of the day. You can take them out to eat and drink (just be sure to brush your teeth first!), and you can also remove them for special occasions or photographed events. Just be sure to put them back in as soon as possible so that you don’t fall behind on your treatment plan!
- You Can’t Eat with Invisalign Aligners in – False! This one definitely isn’t true! You can eat with your aligners in; you just need to be careful about what kinds of foods you’re eating. Avoid sticky or hard foods that could potentially damage your aligners, and be sure to brush your teeth after eating so that food doesn’t get trapped between your teeth and aligners. Other than that, go ahead and enjoy all your favorite foods – aligners won’t get in the way.
In short, Invisalign is a great treatment option for both teens and adults who want straighter teeth without having to deal with metal braces. Treatment times can vary depending on the complexity of each individual case, but rest assured that this treatment is just as effective as traditional braces – if not more so! And although the cost of Invisalign may be comparable to traditional braces, there are many financing options available that can make orthodontic treatment more affordable. Ready to learn more? Schedule a consultation with us today!