As a parent, you want what is best for your children. When it comes to their orthodontic treatment, you may be wondering if Invisalign is the right choice. Invisalign clear aligners are an excellent option for teenage patients.
Here are 11 reasons why Invisalign might be the best fit for your teenager.
- Invisalign is nearly invisible. Traditional metal braces are very noticeable, which can be a source of insecurity and embarrassment for some teenagers. With Invisalign, the aligners are made of a clear, virtually invisible plastic that is much less noticeable than metal braces.
- The aligners are removable. This means that your teenager can take them out to eat and brush their teeth with ease. There is no need to worry about food getting stuck in brackets and wires or struggling to keep the aligners clean.
- Invisalign treatment is more comfortable than traditional braces. Because the aligners are made of smooth plastic rather than metal, they are much more gentle on the gums and cheeks. There is also no risk of getting cuts from poking wire ends.
- With traditional braces, patients have to be careful about what they eat to avoid damaging the brackets and wires. With Invisalign, patients can eat whatever they want! Just pop out the aligners and enjoy your favorite meal without worry.
- Fewer office visits are required with Invisalign treatment than traditional braces, which saves time and money.
- Since Invisalign aligners are removable, patients have better oral hygiene overall since they can brush and floss their teeth more easily.
- Patients typically finish their Invisalign treatment faster than with traditional braces – often in as little as 12 months!
- Because there are no brackets or wires, there is no need for painful adjustments with Invisalign treatment.
- You will be able to see your child’s progress throughout treatment with Invisalign using special technology that allows you to track their alignment virtually.
- Teenagers love being able to see the end result of their treatment before they even start! With traditional braces, you won’t be able to see how your child’s teeth will look after treatment until the braces come off at the end. With Invisalign for teens, special computer software allows us to show you a virtual representation of how your child’s smile will look once the treatment is complete.
- Patients who choose Invisalign often have increased confidence during and after treatment, because they know they will have a beautiful smile that they are proud to show off!
If you’re considering orthodontic treatment for your teenager, ask us whether Invisalign might be right for them. Our experienced team would be happy to answer any questions you may have about this popular orthodontic alternative!