Invisalign in Tacoma, WA: A New Way To Get Orthodontics
Many patients shy away from getting braces even when they need them due to the prolonged and painful process braces can be. However, Tacoma Orthodontics offers patients an alternative that can provide the same result as braces without discomfort or embarrassment.
Invisalign has become the premier option for patients that need orthodontic treatment but do not want to get metal braces. Invisalign has the same function as braces without brackets, wires, or rubber bands. The process is often more effective and comfortable for patients to undergo.
The goal of Invisalign is to encourage patients to get the orthodontic treatment they need instead of avoiding it due to fear or concern about braces. Below are some of the highlights of the benefits of Invisalign and why patients should consider it as a treatment option:
- Who Is Invisalign For Essentially, Invisalign is for patients who need to correct teeth that are crooked or misaligned. A patient that would need orthodontic treatment like braces is likely a potential candidate for Invisalign.
- What Does Invisalign Do: Invisalign gently aligns and straightens teeth over time. Invisalign is made out of clear aligners that are placed onto patients’ teeth. These aligners gently push teeth into place.
- How Does Invisalign Work: Instead of using brackets, wires, or rubber bands, Invisalign only requires a pair of clear aligners. These aligners are worn on top of teeth throughout the day and night. While the aligners are worn, they help shape and shift teeth into a straighter position.
- How To Get Invisalign: If a patient is a candidate for Invisalign, a dentist will take an impression of their teeth and make a set of custom aligners. Every few weeks, the patient will be given a new set of aligners to continue moving the teeth into place. At the end of treatment, the patient’s teeth will be straighter, improving their smile and their bite.
- The Benefits of Invisalign: This treatment accomplishes the same goal as braces with less discomfort and less treatment time. It also makes it easier to brush and floss so patients do not have to risk their dental health while undergoing treatment.
Currently, Invisalign is available as an alternative treatment option at Tacoma Orthodontics. Information about Invisalign and the difference between Invisalign and braces can be found on their official website.
Tacoma Orthodontics is one of two offices run by Dr. Alatsis in Washington State. Their team of orthodontics helps patients with misaligned and crooked teeth, as well as issues with bites such as overbite, underbite, or crossbite. They also perform teeth whitening, surgical treatments, metal or ceramic braces, and Invisalign for both teenagers and adults.